Monday 25 August 2014

Ten Things of Thankful - resurrected

Once upon a time, several months ago now, I would write on this blog quite a bit.  There was a blog-hop once a week I would do, the Ten Things of Thankful.  Then some stuff happened and for various reasons I can't link up with the blog-hop any more.  My lovely dispenser said to me on Saturday how much she used to like reading them though, and since I stopped doing them she's not the only one, I've had other people say the same too.  So I thought, why not, I think it's time to get back blogging and especially do this exercise of thankfulness, even if I can't link up.  So time for some good things in the world since last I was here.


1.  I have been lucky enough to find a lovely new church since Easter and am starting to get to know people there which is lovely, and hopefully after the summer holidays I will be able to settle into a cell group.  Despite leaving my old church I am lucky enough to have good friendships I am keeping from my time there, and only the other week I received a card from the vicar there who has been so supportive and helpful.


2.  I have decided that I am going to continue and complete my OU degree in languages which I started a while ago now, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to do that, and that hopefully when I've finished it I may be able to find a new career path.


3.  I'm thankful that I'm able to work as a locum pharmacist to pay the bills while I study, and that I've found an accountant and have other locums I know on hand to help and advise.  I've managed to get 4 days' work booked for my first week so far, so it's looking good!


4.  I've found and been seeing a lovely counsellor, and she's been brilliant and really helpful at listening to me and helping me sort myself out!


5.  I am thankful for reading.  I have started trying to read more regularly lately, especially before going to sleep, and it is brilliant escapism and great to get lost in another world (in the series I'm reading at the moment, the world of vampires).


6.  Somehow this past week I was out to dinner four nights in a row!  Now this is very unusual for me, I'm not normally quite such a social butterfly, but while I have appreciated having the last two days off with the bank holiday to rest, it was lovely to get out when I had the chance, once with my Mensa group, once with my Dad and Stepmum, once with my work colleagues to celebrate the wedding of the CEO's son, and finally to the house of my Mum's friend.


7.  Last weekend I got to go to London on the Saturday to meet up with my Turner Syndrome sisters and in typical butterfly fashion we went to see the butterfly exhibition at the Natural History Museum.  There were so many beautiful butterflies which I'd never seen before, and I got lots of lovely photos.  Luckily I found a good deal on the train that South West Trains were doing for the summer too :).


8.  I got a day's overtime last week, which is all good and adds up seeing as I'm going to be self-employed soon!


9.  Today is our late summer bank holiday in the U.K. and I am happy to say I have spent yesterday and today doing pretty much nothing productive - make the most of resting while you can!


10.  Okay today has pretty much rained and rained and rained, in typical British bank holiday style, but we have been lucky and actually had a summer with pretty decent weather from June til about now, so I'm glad we've had sunshine and I've been able to get out into the garden when time's allowed.


So there we have some little rays of light, and I hope dear readers to carry on bringing you this on a weekly basis now I've started again, more next weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Yay it's great to see this again! Fab stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog post Emma. Look forward to catching up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, will be writing my next post soon, you know what it's about ;)

      Delete