Tuesday 26 November 2013

Twisted Mixtape - Busted!

So the theme for Twisted Mixtape Tuesday over at Jen's today is "songs that would have landed me in jail".  Ha ha, this is going to be funny, only because I never got so much as a detention at school, I was the perfect pupil, and ever since then have still been law-abiding and an upstanding citizen, but it's good to let your imagination run away with you anyway isn't it?

1.  Robin Thicke - Blurred lines

Yes the crime here would be rape.  If a woman says no, IT MEANS NO!  Hate the lyrics of this song, but it's just too damn catchy!


2.  Afroman - Because I got high

Yeah, I think if I was high enough to do most of this stuff, I would be totally arrested!


3.    Nelly - Hot in here

Okay Nelly, so if I took off all my clothes in a public place, I'm pretty sure I'd get done for indecent exposure!


4.   Eric Clapton - I shot the sheriff

Yep, murder would definitely land you in jail, whether by shooting or any other method!

5.  Oasis - Cigarettes and alcohol

Now the cigarettes aren't illegal, unless you're indoors in the U.K., but the alcohol can cause drunk and disorderly, and "doing the white line"??

Okay, now you've read mine please comment and get yourself over to Jen's and make your own list.


10 comments:

  1. I totally jammed out to your list while in the kitchen cooking, especially the Oasis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it ;). Enjoy eating what you've been cooking!

      Delete
  2. oh yeah...! Blurred Lines! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for listening, this was a fun one to do!

      Delete
  3. I have Clapton on the brain too. And I love that Robin Thicke number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, it was fun to do, they are catchy tunes, nice to live vicariously through music sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Great list here! I played Blurred Lines every day for at least a month, so dang catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! She's back! Missed you Emma! Thanks for coming and for giving me a giggle :-) And amen to Robin Thicke! I think he should get thrown in jail for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thanks, Jen, it's nice to be wanted! Don't know if I'm going to be able to do this week's as laptop broken :(.

      Glad you had a giggle!

      Yes I strongly object to the sentiment of that song, but it is so damn catchy!

      Delete