Tuesday 5 November 2013

Twisted Mix Tape - School days!


Well this week at Jen's she's let us do our own thing and have a free-for-all, so I've gone old school, literally, and done songs about school days for a bit of nostalgia!

1. Busted – What I go to school for



I loved Busted, this was hilarious, they were so cheeky!


2.  Dan Sampson – Teenage life



This was our Eurovision entry one year, we still didn't win (very rarely do) but I thought it was quite clever and catchy!


3.  Undertones - Teenage kicks


All about that youthful yearning for that excitement!

4.  Doris Day - Teacher’s pet


 I love a bit of Doris Day, and here she is singing about a little crush she has on a teacher!


5.  Sam Cooke - What a wonderful world this would be


And finally we have Sam Cooke hoping that even though he's not the cleverest, most able student, the girl he's after will still give him a second look.

Please comment, and get yourself over to Jen's and make your own Mix Tape!

 www.jenkehl.com

8 comments:

  1. Nice theme this week. The only song I was familiar with was the last one, but Sam Cooke! Such a great song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). Glad you liked it, and glad to introduce you to some new stuff!

      Delete
  2. That Doris Day number is always so cute. Love this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes nothing like a good old Doris Day classic!

      Delete
  3. you had me at Undertones

    I like your list a lot. Way to bring it home with Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I love this mix, I am book marking it so I can add all the songs to my favorites list later!

    ReplyDelete