Saturday 6 July 2013

10 things of thankful #2

Hello everyone, well here I am at my second weekend of doing my 10 things of thankful on my very own blog!  Let's see what good things have happened in the Emmaverse this week.

1.  I am very thankful for the following which my Mum brought home for me (it's great that she works in a supermarket ;) ).  I think it had been in the firdge about 24hrs before I ate it, I kept looking in the fridge and saw one.
 My mother asked "have you eaten your eclair yet".
 I replied "oh are we not sharing it?"
"No, I've had mine."

Oh the joy!  It was ALL MINE!  And very nice it was too!


2. This week I am very thankful for, in no particular order: metronidazole, erythromycin, co-codamol, salt water mouth rinses, my microwaveable teddy, and ibuprofen.  All have made my dental pain better than it might have been and will hopefully get me through til Monday when I can have the tooth out, and have at least helped me get SOME sleep even on the worst nights.  FYI, my current dental X-ray on both sides of my lower jaw looks something like this:

3.  I am finding it brilliant that now I have started this blog I have also got another one up and running over at  http://butterflythinker.blogspot.co.uk/ and I'm hoping it will be good for me to write all about Turner's syndrome, and that it may also help others who read it.

4.  I am thankful that today I am due to meet up with some lovely ladies for lunch, and then I believe we are going to go bowling - should be fun, and as it's a group of T.S women who are not known for coordination it could result in much hilarity!

5.  Tomorrow IS MY BIRTHDAY.  We are off to Monkey World, and the pre-booking form I emailed them was for 16 adults and 6 children, but I have a feeling there might be even more!  It should be a good day, and we are due to have glorious sunshine!

6.  I am grateful for water, sunhats and suncream, which should enable everyone to enjoy the above visit without getting sunburnt/fainting/suffering from heat exhaustion.

7.  Yesterday I spent a few hours of the afternoon at my friend's house.  Her little girl has just turned 2, and Daddy was putting the following up while I was there ready for the party today!  Unfortunately the weight limit didn't seem to allow me to get on and bounce :(.



8.  I was able to watch Andy Murray's semi-final yesterday AND HE WON!!  And he got through in 4 sets, and Djokovic took 5 sets in a record breaking match - so who's going to be the fresher of the two, hmmmm?  I hope we can get a British Wimbledon winner tomorrow, I won't be at home to watch it but think I will be keeping track by the wonders of smartphone.

9.  I have got through the first week in my new branch!  And a nice change it has been as well, I think we're going to be just fine!  I'm just sad I'm losing one of my dispensers in a month as she's going on maternity leave, but getting the new person trained up will be an adventure all of its own as she's not worked in a dispensary before!

10. Did I mention IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW (surely I'm allowed that one twice??).

Right, so there's my 10 things of thankful for another weekend, see you next time!

23 comments:

  1. You're totally allowed that one twice. And a great day it should be too!

    BTW that x-ray, OW! Now I know why you're on all the painkillers!

    Great first Ten Things post - I shall expect many more, just as wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Yes we are going to have a good day. Yeah had to nick off google images (I know I know) but that is pretty much what mine looks like, will see if the dentist will let me take a photo of my very own!

      Delete
    2. That would be so cool....

      Also, we gotta get rid of this Captcha rubbish for you.

      Delete
  2. Ouch to your tooth pain! I've had some dental issues as well recently and they're never fun. The water/sun play sounds wonderful (we are doing that this week for my son's birthday - sounds like he's in great company for birthday weeks!). Happy birthday! And MMM to the eclair and not having to share it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully once the offending tooth comes out on Monday it will all be better :). Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping it's not too hot for everyone! Yes the eclair was lovely.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Hehe. As for that tooth: OUCH! I hope that you get through that as painlessly as possible. O.o
    Nice to hop over here from Considerer's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am stopping counting numbers now though, I will have birthdays just not get any older! Hopefully the local anaesthetic injection will mean I won't feel the tooth coming out, and then when it wears off it will all be better (I can hope right??).

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday, Emma! I hope you have a fabulous day! But before you go to Monkey World, see if you can find the episode of Mike Rowe's "Dirtiest Jobs" where he went to a monkey sanctuary in South Africa. It is hilarious (and might make you think twice about YOUR adventure). Hope your tooth pain is over soon. Wisdom tooth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and find that and watch it, but don't worry, I am certainly NOT going to be helping muck out the monkeys tomorrow! It is the wisdom tooth that is causing the problem, but the tooth in front is the one coming out as it has decay and a filling from where the wisdom tooth is coming through wonky. Wisdom tooth other side is getting x-rayed and may come out at the hospital before it causes the same problem there, oh joy!

      Delete
    2. The good news is you get good drugs when you get your teeth worked on. You'll still be in pain, but you just won't care anymore :) Good luck!

      Delete
    3. Oh yes Dyanne, I will be taking anything they give me and the rest! I'm a pharmacist so I know my drugs. My dentist is so nice they even have the gum/gel that numbs your gum before they put the needle of local anaesthetic in!

      Delete
    4. Ahh, you're a drug dealer :) Best of luck tomorrow and happy birthday! Hope Monkey World was as much fun for you as it apparently was for Lizzi!

      Delete
    5. Yep, legal drug dealer here. 1 hour til appointment to get stupid tooth out, can't wait! Monkey World was amazing, but Lizzi's post being put through the translator has made it even more hilarious!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! ...and welcome to 10 Things... and congrats on your blog. This weekend thing is pretty fun place to hangout, blogistically-speaking!

    (hey Cyndi! Kristi(s)! (just back from work, will stop by your places in a little bit.) Dyanne... my neighbors thank you for your concern about y attire in the backyard..lol)

    oh, I'm sorry Emma, this kind of cross-Commenting is becoming increasingly common...with this blog-hop lasting all weekend.
    Good List!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs Clark, feel free to come and comment on my blog and talk to everyone anytime ;). Am certainly enjoying the blogging, and yes this 10 things of thankful thing is infectious!

      Delete
  6. Love your title and...Happy Birthday today!
    You show amazing discipline Emma.....a chocolate eclair still in the 'fridge after 24 hrs?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Yes that was restrained, it was most unlike me, I must confess that if I had known that Mum had had hers and it was all mine, it would have gone a lot sooner ;)

      Delete
  7. Great list! Happy birthday!! I hope you feel better after your dentist appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I'm sure I will update with dental news later in the week briefly!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! :-)

    Hope your dental problems will be gone soon!

    As for your eclair: delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) Tooth causing pain is out tomorrow, yippee, and yes the eclair was total yummy indulgence!

    ReplyDelete