Sunday 28 July 2013

10 things of thankful #5

Well it's another weekend, so that means it's time for another 10 things of thankful.  Here we go for all the fun and good things in the Emmaverse this week:

1.  I went shopping last weekend, very naughtily on a Sunday (which I try not to do) but it was when myself and the two friends who were coming with me could make.  We went to Gunwharf Quays, a nice mainly outlet type shopping centre in Portsmouth.  I turned a corner, saw the Radley sign, held my finger up and pointed at it like E.T., and my fate was sealed.  About 15 minutes later I came out with the following:

The justifications were many:
  • It was my birthday, and this was my birthday treat to myself.
  • I had the money left (and if I want to spend it I jolly well will).
  • Jessica loved enjoying seeing me spend my money.
  • I have wanted Radley stuff for ages.
  • It was 50% off, then another 20% off, so I JUST HAD TO!
So operation switch handbag and purse was undertaken and now they are coming everywhere with me!

2.   This week, with the heat that is still continuing, I am thankful for cold water.  This one is all Considerer's fault.  We bought a little gift for a friend and left it in her front garden.  We then discovered the friends were out of town.  So we went for a walk to retrieve the present until such time it could be given to them.  On returning from the walk, Considerer got her big tub and filled it with water, and promised it would cool us down.  It did, and it was lovely, but after berating Considerer for the look on her face as her feet touched the water, this was mine:
IT WAS VERY VERY VERY COLD!!  But I am thankful for that.

3.  The last two items come from last Sunday and Monday, which was an amazing weekend as it consisted of shopping, crafting and movie watching with two friends the first day, and then picnic, blogging, movie watching, drinking and enjoying birthday with Considerer.  They were two brilliant days and I am very grateful for my friends and the brilliant times I had with them.

4.  I am thankful for my crafting bits and pieces and that they help me get my creative side out, for someone who cannot draw and is not arty, I can at least make a pretty decent card and scrapbook page now!  And even better, I am thankful that Jessica has now bought the mighty "Bigshot" (excellent die-cutting machine) which we can now utilise to make all sorts of patterns and embellishments. 

5.  I am very very thankful for gloves this week.  So thankful I double-gloved, which I hardly ever do!  It all started when Lin, my workaholic manager, decided she was finally going to sort out the rubbish that isn't ours which had been dumped by our bins.  A few minutes later I heard "urrrgggghhhh".

Me: "are you okay?"
Lin: "No".
Me: "what's wrong?"
Lin: "come and smell this"
Me: "No I don't want to" (I had heard rumours that there were nappies amongst the rubbish).
I go out to investigate.
Me: "urggghh yes that stinks, hang on and I'll get some gloves and I can help you, actually I think I'll double glove"
Lin: "I think it's meat"
Me: "uuuurrrrrrrgggggghhhh, how long has it been there?  Actually, let's not think about that!".

If I had not had gloves, there is NO WAY I would have been anywhere near that rubbish!

I am also thankful that I didn't have nightmares this week, after SOMEONE (she knows who she is!!) asked if there were any customers we hadn't seen in a while, suggesting that maybe we'd just disposed of a dead body!

6.  I have just been with a friend up to London to the British Museum, on her membership of the museum, to see the Pompeii and Herculaneum exhibition they have going on.  It was really good and interesting, and I loved it.  I did the Romans a lot at school, and also did Latin GCSE, so I have wanted to visit Pompeii for a long time, and until my friend and I get our act together and go, hopefully sometime in the next few years, this was the next best thing.  It's amazing the artifacts they found and how preserved they are!

7.  In about 15 minutes time I should be jetting out again having got this finished to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet with some old work colleagues and new staff from a branch I used to work at to say goodbye and good luck in your new job to our old manager (she used to be manager, she IS NOT old, just to clarify ;) ).  Hopefully we won't get harassed out of the place and plates removed the moment we stop ordering this time!

8.  We have had various jobs in the shop that have needed doing in the shop lately, and luckily Lin has partner extraordinaire who is multi-talented builder, plumber etc etc etc.  He has fixed a step which was liable to trip me up and make me go flying, and unblocked our consultation room sink, so I am very appreciative of this!

9.  Until Friday (obviously used the q word too much on Thursday) we had quite a quiet week in the pharmacy (see, I always say never say that word!!).   What do you do when it's quiet in a pharmacy?  You date check and tidy shelves of course!  So now I am very happy that due to my lovely dispensers my dressings now look like this and we can see what we've got!


10.   And finally, this week it has been sunny.  I have driven home with car windows down.  And I realised how much I LOVE my car radio when this came on and I sang it at the top of my voice, can't beat it!

Made the short drive home x 100 better!

That's all for now folks :)

18 comments:

  1. You little socialite, you :)

    I loved our antics last weekend and the cold-water-face was HILARIOUS! Thank you for being so nice to me when I was veryverydrunk and also for not judging me - that's very generous of you ;)

    I LOVE THE RADLEY STUFF! You are *totally* absolved of all guilt for buying it.

    And also, thank GOODNESS for disposable gloves! Can you IMAGINE having to do that years ago before they'd been invented! Maybe you need to put a peg for your nose in that spiffy new bag, just to cover all smellyventualities...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, yes our faces were pictures! he he. I don't remember being especially nice lol, didn't I leave you to fall asleep in the bathroom and go to bed????? Ooopss!

      Thank you, totally guilt free over Radley now ;).

      Yes peg would have been useful and definitely glad we had a good supply of gloves!

      Delete
    2. A little bit, but I don't think I was ready to leave yet...

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you!

    I love visiting museums; it's a great way to see the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Nearly the end of the month so I'm gonna have to wait til next year again now :(.

      Museums are awesome, and luckily London has quite a few good free ones.

      Delete
  3. OK, I think the week was made with the purchase of the purse and wallet...how could you possibly need to write anything else? You could have easily just stopped there. :) They are both super-cute and I am completely jealous. Just a note...I call dibs on them when you are finished using them and ready for something new. And yes, I know we've never met, but In the Coop can vouch me...and maybe Lizzi, even though we haven't met yet because she hasn't made that trip across the pond we've been discussing for years (ok...weeks) now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to come Stateside again soon, and might be coming to Vegas in the Autumn (fall) if I get it organised with my uni friend who lives in Chicago. When I'm done with the handbag and purse you may have them :)

      Delete
    2. You know you can also get shoes with the cute dogs on? http://www.irregularchoice.com/shop/womens/product/5271/?gclid=CIGb9vzg07gCFTMQtAodMmsAcQ

      Delete
    3. Yes you mentioned it and I was trying not to look for them, but now I clicked and if I buy them it is all your fault he he :)

      Delete
    4. *dances* But they're so PRETTY and they'd look so gorgeous with your bag and purse and...and...and...

      Delete
    5. Will see, prob not this month, but maybe next??? Watch this space :)

      Delete
  4. 1. LOVE the purse! 2. You two and your cold water foot baths! 5. Is it bad that my first thought was "dead body"? 9. Very nice. Now come over and do that to my basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. thank you, I love them and must look after them. 5. No, but I wish my dispenser hadn't put those thoughts in my head, definitely meat from one of the takeaways!. 9. Just about when I've finished my own house, of course I will ;)

      Delete
  5. ...nice purse? *
    Happy Birthday... that I can do easily and I totally agree with the pleasing experience of driving with the windows down and the radio up**

    This has been a fun and interesting weekend at the TTof T stop back later tonight.. oh! that's right, it *is* later tonight where you are...lol



    *hey, I tired lol
    ** I think that's a line from an Eminem song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a bloke so I don't expect you to get the handbag/purse, it's okay ;).

      Yep, only about an hour of the day left now here, must get to bed. Here's to another week of sundhine and singing to the car radio (I hope!).

      Delete
  6. Honestly, there is no way you should have walked out without that purse. So cute, multiple discounts, and money for it means it must be yours.

    I love turning up the radio, singing and getting my groove on while I drive. Unfortunately, it's just not the same when you drive a 12-passenger van and you are cranking up a kids' song about Mt. St. Helens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I think they were meant to be :).

      That's a shame when you have a van full of kids, it's nice to be alone in the car, sing as loud as I want and have control of the choice of music ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh, I miss London so so so much! It is one of the best cities I have ever been to and did I mention that I miss it? I envy you for just going there!

    ReplyDelete